KEFAR HA-ḤORESH (Heb. כְּפַר הַחוֹרֵשׁ; "Woodland Village"), kibbutz in Lower Galilee, Israel, W. of Nazareth, affiliated to Iḥud ha-Kevuẓot ve-ha-Kibbutzim. It was founded in 1933 by a group from the *Gordonia youth movement in Poland. In the initial years, the settlers were employed in planting forests in the neighborhood, notably the King George V Forest. Citrus groves, poultry, and field crops constituted prominent farming branches. The kibbutz also operated a margarine factory. In 1969 Kefar ha-Ḥoresh had 244 inhabitants. In 2002 its population was 421.
Sources: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.