-Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett
The American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE) was established in 1993 as a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship by emphasizing the fundamentals of the alliance — the values our nations share.
AICE MISSION STATEMENT:
- To manage and expand the Jewish Virtual Library, the most comprehensive online resource on Jewish history, politics and culture, to provide a one-stop shop for users from around the world seeking answers to questions on subjects ranging from anti-Semitism to Zionism.
- To provide a vehicle for the research, study, discussion and exchange of views concerning nonmilitary cooperation (Shared Value Initiatives) between the peoples and governments of the United States and Israel.
- To publicize joint activities, and the benefits accruing to America and Israel from them.
- To explore issues of common historical interest to the peoples and governments of the United States and Israel.
- To provide educational materials on Jewish history, politics and culture.
- To educate the public about the dangers of the anti-Semitic boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign.
JEWISH VIRTUAL LIBRARY
“The Jewish Virtual Library is the go-to source my students use for fact-based research pertaining to Judaism, Israel, and the Holocaust.”
We hear this all the time from teachers. The Jewish Virtual Library (JVL) is the most comprehensive online encyclopedia of Jewish history, politics and culture. With nearly 25,000 entries, the JVL is a one-stop shop for students of all ages interested in anything from anti-Semitism to Zionism. The Library has a vast global audience, reaching more than 30 million visitors -- nearly 900,000 per month -- from more than 200 countries and territories over the last three years (2014-16).
The Library has 13 wings: Anti-Semitism , Biography History Holocaust Israel Israel Education Myths & Facts Politics Religion Travel US & Israel Vital Stats Women. In addition, the JVL has a Bookstore, Glossary, Links, News, Publications, a Timeline of Jewish History, and the Virtual Israel Experience (VIE), an educational tool and virtual tour of Israel designed especially for students going on Birthright and other trips to Israel. The VIE highlights Israel's ancient history accentuated against its timeless beauty and modern culture.Much of the information in the Library cannot be found anywhere else in the world, such as material on joint U.S.-Israel projects, cooperation between Israel and the individual states and the treatment of Americans during the Holocaust. We received permission from the Library of Congress to put its Judaic and Hebraic treasures on our site. We have also received permission to use material from government and non-government sources around the world. We also publish primary documents from archives, including declassified materials from the United States and the United Kingdom. One of our goals is to offer visitors a single source for information so they don’t need to search thousands of other “Jewish” web sites.
AICE highlights areas where Israel might contribute to the betterment of America and has published several studies to identify specific programs and approaches that can benefit Americans. These include:
PROVIDING FACTS ABOUT THE ARAB-ISRAELI CONFLICT
AICE produces facts sheets and other reference materials to explain the history and contemporary issues related to the Arab-Israeli conflict. Our principal publication is Myths & Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict. This has been an essential resource for students of the conflict for more than 50 years.
FIGHTING THE DELEGITIMIZATION OF ISRAEL
AICE is also engaged in producing materials to help the public understand that anti-Semitic boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) campaign. In addition to materials found in the Jewish Virtual Library, additional information can be found on the StopBDS.com site.
FOR MORE INFORMATION