The first edition of the Haggadah with an English translation, done by "A. Alexander and Assistants" and printed for him, was published by the translator in London, 1770. Having published a bilingual edition of "our Tephilloth, or Common-Prayer-Book," Alexander now undertook a "second Attempt, in Publishing this small Book of the Haggadah or the Ceremonies of the Passover" accompanied by an explanatory introduction and notes. Facing the title page is a frontispiece whose engraved Hebrew legend declares, "And they built for Pharaoh store-cities Pithom and Raameses." Depicted are medieval towers being built, slaves laboring, and an overseer cruelly beating a slave, mouth wide open in a scream of pain again a copy of an illustration in the Amsterdam Haggadah.
Sources: Abraham J. Karp, From the Ends of the Earth: Judaic Treasures of the Library of Congress, (DC: Library of Congress, 1991).