Throughout the IDF operation in Gaza, Israel continued to ensure that the civilian population in the Gaza Strip received food, medicines and other humanitarian necessities.
During the Israeli operation in Gaza:
- 37,159 tons of humanitarian aid on 1503 trucks were transferred via the Kerem Shalom and Karni crossings (food, medication and medical supplies)
- 1,535,750 liters of heavy duty diesel were delivered for the Gaza power station
- 234 tons of gas for domestic use and 188,000 liters of diesel for UNRWA vehicles and needs were delivered
- 3,896 tons of grain, on 98 trucks were transferred via the Karni conveyor belt
- 20 ambulances were donated by the governments of Turkey and Jordan, and 10 ambulances transferred to the Gaza Strip by the ICRC in order to meet the needs of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society
- 449 dual nationals were evacuated via the Erez Crossing
- 68 chronically ill people and their escorts made their way from Gaza to Israel, the West Bank and Jordan
- 37 employees of international organizations and medical staff entered Gaza via the Erez Crossing
- A forward medical clinic was established at Erez by Magen David Adom
- Numerous medical movements took place via Rafah, including at least 25 ambulances
Humanitarian aid to Gaza during IDF operation, Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, (January 18, 2009).