Note for the Record
Issues for Implementation
- Further Redeployment Phases
The first phase of further redeployments will be carried out during the first week of March.
- Prisoner Release Issues
Prisoner release issues will be dealt with in accordance with the Interim Agreement's provisions and procedures, including Annex VII.
Issues for Negotiation
- Outstanding Interim Agreement Issues
Negotiations on the following outstanding issues from the Interim Agreement will be immediately resumed. Negotiations on these issues will be conducted in parallel:
- Safe Passage
- Gaza Airport
- Gaza port
- Economic, financial, civilian and security issues
- Permanent Status Negotiations
Permanent status negotiations will be resumed within two months after implementation of the Hebron Protocol.
- Complete the process of revising the Palestinian National Charter
- Fighting terror and preventing violence
- Strengthening security cooperation
- Preventing incitement and hostile propaganda, as specified in Article XXII of the Interim Agreement
- Combat systematically and effectively terrorist organizations and infrastructure
- Apprehension, prosecution and punishment of terrorists
- Requests for transfer of suspects and defendants will be acted upon in accordance with Article II(7)(f) of Annex IV to the Interim Agreement
- Confiscation of illegal firearms
- Size of Palestinian Police will be pursuant to the Interim Agreement.
- Exercise of Palestinian governmental activity, and location of Palestinian governmental offices, will be as specified in the Interim Agreement.
The aforementioned commitments will be dealt with immediately and in parallel.
| Prepared by Ambassador Dennis Ross |
at the request of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Ra'ees Yasser Arafat
- BACK TO Text of Hebron Protocol
- GO TO Agreed Minute.
- GO TO "Letter to be provided by US Secretary of State Christopher to Benjamin Netanyahu at the time of signing of the Hebron Protocol."