When a major news story breaks - on Israel, the Middle East or the Jewish world - the Jewish Virtual Library is here with the necessary facts and information to help you better understand and explain the issues
- Marine Lieutenant General Vincent Stewart, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency: Iran “faces no insurmountable technical barriers to producing a nuclear weapon, making Iran’s political will the central issue.”
- The Head of a UN Inquiry Commission into war crimes committed during Operation Protective Edge resigns, citing bias and controversy.
- Jordan to send their Ambassador to Israel back, following improved relations surrounding access to the Temple Mount.
- Three soldiers attacked while patrolling outside of a Jewish Community Center in Nice, France.
- Israel Ranked as #4 Most Innovative Country in the World by Bloomberg on the 2015 Bloomberg Global Innovation Index.
- IRGC Commander: Iran must strengthen it's foothold in the West Bank.
- Israeli Navy Intercepts a Boat Carrying Approximately One Ton of Rocket Manufacturing Materials, Bound for Hamas Militants in Gaza.
- President Obama Submits an Authorization for the Use of Military Force Letter to Lawmakers, Hoping to Increase US Efforts to Defeat ISIS.
- MK Uri Orbach Dies at Age 54.
- A 22 Year Old Native from Denmark Opens Fire at a Free Speech Rally and Then a Synagogue, Killing Two.
- A Report Published by Israel State Comptroller Yosef Shapira Details Frivolous Use of State Funds by Netanyahu and His Wife.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits the Israel Aerospace Industries booth at the Aero India arms exhibition in Bangalore.
- New Zealand Officially Joins the Fight Against ISIS
- A US Federal Court Finds The Palestinian Authority Guilty of Funding Attacks During The Al-Aqsa Intifada, Fining Them Over $600 Million.
- New Photoset: The Collection of Gilbert R. Di Loreto.
- Files leaked in February 2015 show that the CIA had tried to make contact with and gain access to Hamas through back channels in 2012.
- Leonard Nimoy Dies at Age 83 in His Home.
- Iran Tests a New Missile, the "Great Prophet 9".
- Israel, Jordanian, and Palestinian Representatives Finalize a $900 Million Water Sharing Agreement.
- A Pew Survey Finds Jews are Much More Likely to be Harassed Than Any Other Religious Group, Harassment of Jews Reaches a 7 Year High.
- UK Colonel Richard Kemp Submits a Letter to the UN Inquiry Commission on the 2014 Gaza War. “In my opinion the actions taken by the IDF were necessary to defend the people of Israel from the ongoing, intensive and lethal attacks by Hamas and other groups in Gaza.”
- ISIS "Jihadi John" Positively Identified as Kuwaiti Born UK Citizen Mohammed Emwazi.
- The Iranian Dissident Group National Council of Resistance of Iran Presents Evidence of a New Uranium Enrichment Facility.
Newest Additions to the Library
Public Opinion Polls
The Virtual Jewish World