This draft resolution did not receive the required nine votes to be adopted. The vote was 5-4-6.
The Security Council,
Recalling all its relevant resolutions on the situation in the Middle East,
Expressing grave concern at the escalation of violence and the deterioration of the situation, in particular the resulting heavy civilian casualties; and emphasizing that the Israeli and Palestinian civilian population must be protected,
Expressing grave concern at the deepening humanitarian crisis in Gaza,
Recalling that a lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can only be achieved by peaceful means,
- Calls for an immediate, durable and fully respected humanitarian ceasefire;
- Strongly condemns all violence and hostilities directed against civilians and all acts of terrorism;
- Calls for the secure release of all hostages;
- Calls for the unimpeded provision and distribution of humanitarian assistance, including of food, fuel and medical treatment, as well as creating conditions for the safe evacuation of civilians in need;
- Decides to remain seized of the matter.