KEFAR KISCH (Heb. כְּפַר קִי שׁ), moshav in eastern Lower Galilee, Israel, about 2½ mi. (4 km.) E. of Kefar Tavor, affiliated to Tenu'at ha-Moshavim. It was founded in 1946 by demobilized soldiers who in World War II served with the Royal Engineer Corps and other units. The original settlers established a moshav shittufi, but most of them left in the ensuing years, and in 1953, Kefar Kisch was renewed, this time as a moshav, by immigrants from Poland, Romania, and Hungary. Its principal farming branches were field crops, fruit orchards, and dairy cattle. In 1969 there were 189 inhabitants in Kefar Kisch and in 2002 around 300. The moshav is named after Frederick H. *Kisch.
Source: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.