The Yugoslav draft was submitted by Ambassador Danilo Lekic. It was co-sponsored by fourteen member-States: Afghanistan, Burundi, Ceylon, Congo (Brazzaville), Cyprus, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mali, Pakistan, Somalia, Tanzania and Zambia. Kenya, Senegal and Cambodia also became sponsors on the eve of the vote on 4 July. The draft was defeated by a vote of 46 against, 53 for, 20 abstentions and 3 absent. The full text of the resolution can be found below.
The General Assembly,
Having discussed the grave situation in the Middle East,
Noting that the armed forces of Israel occupy areas including territories belonging to Jordan, Syria and the United Arab Republic,
1. Calls upon Israel immediately to withdraw all its forces behind the armistice lines established by the General Armistice Agreements between Israel and the Arab countries;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to secure compliance with the present resolution and with the assistance of the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization in Palestine established by the Security Council to secure strict observance by all parties of the provisions of the General Armistice Agreements between Israel and the Arab countries;
3. Calls upon all states to render every assistance to the Secretary-General in the implementation of the present resolution;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to report urgently to the General Assembly and to the Security Council on Israel's compliance with the terms of the present resolution;
5. Requests further the Security Council, after the withdrawal of Israel's armed forces behind the armistice lines has been completed, to give consideration to questions pertaining to the situation in the area.