1. To what does the term “2-state solution” refer?
A state of Palestine separate from the state of Israel
A federation of the West Bank and Gaza
A federation of Israel and Gaza
The formation of a single federated country of Israel-Palestine
2. Which of the following organizations is NOT designated by the United States as a terrorist organization?
The Palestinian Authority
Al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade
3. Yasser Arafat was:
The founder of Fatah and chairman of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO)
The founder of Hezbollah
The Egyptian President before Hosni Mubarak
The Mufti of Jerusalem
4. With which Arab countries does Israel have signed peace treaties?
Lebanon and Syria
Jordan and Egypt
Saudi Arabia and Iraq
Israel has no signed peace treaties with Arab countries
5. The Palestinian Authority (PA) exercises civil administrative control in areas of:
The Gaza Strip
The West Bank
6. Which of the following is NOT located in Jerusalem?
Mount of Olives
7. What is the Gaza Strip
Land captured from Syria during the Six-Day War
Land captured from Egypt in the Six-Day War, from which Israel withdrew in 2005
De-militarized zone between Jerusalem and Bethlehem
Land that Israel captured from Lebanon in the First Lebanon War.
8. What is the Green Line?
The armistice line following the Israeli War of Independence
Border between Israel and Lebanon created by the British mandate
The line that divides the forested areas of Israel from the desert.
A new train line between Tel Aviv and Haifa
9. The Prime Minister of Israel is:
Appointed by the Chief Rabbi
The leader of a coalition representing the majority of seats in the Knesset
Elected directly by popular vote
Elected by a 3/5 majority vote in the Knesset
10. Who gets to vote in Israel?
Jewish citizens only
Jewish and Arab citizens but not Druze citizens
Only citizens who have served in the IDF
11. The “law of return,” passed by Israel as one of it's basic laws, refers to:
A law requiring all Israelis to return from overseas in times of war
A law gauranteeing any Jew citizenship in Israel
A law entitling every Palestinian refugee to return to their ancestral homes in Israel
A law stating any land purchased in Israel must return to government ownership after 50 years
12. The largest wave of immigration to Israel over the last two decades of the 20th century came from:
The United States
The Former Soviet Union
13. Theodore Herzl was:
The first President of Israel
The organizer of a mass immigration to Israel from Hungary
The father of the Zionist movement
A general in Israel's war of independence
14. Who was the first Prime Minister of Israel?
15. The State of Israel was declared on:
November 11, 1918
December 7, 1941
May 14, 1948
June 20, 1950