RAMAT DAVID (Heb. רָמַת דָּוִד), kibbutz in northern Israel, near Nahalal, affiliated with Iḥud ha-Kevuẓot veha-Kibbutzim, founded in 1926 by two groups of Third Aliyah pioneers, "Ayanot" and "Ha-Sharon," from Eastern Europe. The kibbutz economy was based on field and fodder crops and dairy cattle. The kibbutz also housed one of the biggest disco clubs in the north of the country, called Vertigo. The village is named after David *Lloyd George who was prime minister of the British War Cabinet which issued the *Balfour Declaration. In 2002 its population was 238.
Sources: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.