Click Left/Right to Scroll
- Aerial view of the Nuremberg Palace of Justice, where the International Military Tribunal tried 22 leading German officials for war crimes.
- The defendants being tried before the International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg are seated in the prisoners' dock during a session of the trial.
- An American military soldier serves Wilhelm List with his indictment at the beginning of the Hostage Case (May 12, 1947).
- Rudolf Hess with prison psychologist at the Nuremberg trial.
- American guards maintain constant surveillance over Nazi war criminals in the Nuremberg prison. (November 1945)
Sources: All photos copyright and courtesy of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum