Holocaust Liberation Photographs: Holocaust Survivors
** Warning: Photos may contain graphic images, including death & nudity **
Click Left/Right to Scroll; Individuals Links at Bottom
- Survivor displays emaciated condition in liberated Buchenwald camp
- Emaciated survivor at Nordhausen concentration camp. Died shortly after photo taken.
- Sole survivor among corpses in a freight cart ransporting Jews in Romania
- Two survivors prepare food in Dachau. Mn on right is likely Jean (Johnny) Voste, the only black prisoner at Dachau.
- Starved Hungarian woman receives treatment after liberation of Mauthausen.
- Buchenwald survivor identifies a former camp guard who brutally beat prisoners.
- A Survivor on the Day of Liberation of Dachau
- Survivors in Dachau After Liberation (May 1945)
- Survivors of the Berga concentration camp after liberation.
- Two emaciated survivors sit outside a barracks in Nordhausen concentration camp
- Young and old survivors in Dachau cheer on their American liberators (April 1945)
- Emaciated survivors gathered outside the infirmary at Ebensee.
- Survivors from Ebensee pose for group portrait after showering in units installed by 30th U.S. Army Field Hospital
- American soldier stands guard while survivors of Dachau bathe in the moat
- Survivors in Dachau pass out bread to each other after liberation
- Survivors from Dachau praying in the camp infirmary after liberation
- Survivors Stand Behind Barbed-Wire in Dachau After Liberation
- Survivors congregate in the former roll call area of the Ebensee concentration camp.
- Emaciated survivors sit in the infirmary barracks in the Ebensee concentration camp.
- American medical personnel tend to typhus-stricken survivors after liberation of Dachau
- Survivors in Ebensee wrap themselves in blankets.
- Survivors at Ebensee in hospital barracks #2 for Jews
- Survivors at Ebensee drink soup prepared by U.S. Army soldiers
- Survivors wave to American troops from the infirmary for Jewish prisoners in the Ebensee camp.
- Slave laborers in the Buchenwald concentration camp. Most died from malnutrition when U.S. troops entered the camp, April 16, 1945
Individual Photos: Buchenwald Survivor  | Nordhausen Survivors  | Freight Car Survivor  | Dachau Survivors  | Mauthausen Survivor  | Buchenwald Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Berga Survivors  | Nordhausen Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Dachau Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Ebensee Survivors  | Buchenwald Laborers 
Sources: National Archives; Shoah/Holocaust; United States Holocaust Memorial Museum