Click on any Question to Reveal the Corresponding Answer:
5. How many Jews were murdered in each country and what percentage of the pre-war Jewish population did they constitute?
14. Which groups of people in Germany were considered enemies of the state by the Nazis and were, therefore, persecuted?
15. What was the difference between the persecution of the Jews and the persecution of other groups classified by the Nazis as enemies of the Third Reich?
19. Did the people of occupied Europe know about Nazi plans for the Jews? What was their attitude? Did they cooperate with the Nazis against the Jews?
21. What was the response of the Allies to the persecution of the Jews? Could they have done anything to help?
23. Were Jews in the Free World aware of the persecution and destruction of European Jewry and, if so, what was their response?
33. How did Germany's allies, the Japanese and the Italians, treat the Jews in the lands they occupied?
34. What was the attitude of the church vis-a-vis the persecution of the Jews? Did the Pope ever speak out against the Nazis?
Sources: Copyright The Simon Wiesenthal Center