Group portrait of female office workers employed by Oskar Schindler at his Emalia enamelware factory in Krakow-Zablocie. The factory was established by Schindler and employed mainly Jewish workers. It was a temporary haven for Jews in Krakow seeking protection from deportation. After the liquidation of the Krakow ghetto and the transfer of many Jews to the Pladzow concentration camp, Schindler used his influence to set up a branch of the camp for 900 Jewish workers in his factory compound in Zablocie. Schindler saved most of these workers when he transferred his factory to Brunnlitz (Sudetenland) in October 1944.