RAMOT HA-SHAVIM (Heb. רָמוֹת הַשָּׁבִים; "Heights of the Returning"), moshav with municipal council status, in central Israel, near Hod ha-Sharon, affiliated with Ha-Mo'eẓah ha-Ḥakla'it. It was founded in 1933 by middle-class immigrants from Germany, who chose to become farmers although they had been merchants and members of the free professions abroad. As the area initially available for farming was extremely limited, poultry breeding became the principal farming branch. In 1970, Ramot ha-Shavim had 450 inhabitants, growing to around 890 in the mid-1990s and 1,100 in 2002.