OR HA-NER (Heb. אוֹר הַנֵּר), kibbutz in the southern Coastal Plain of Israel, north of Sederot, affiliated with Iḥud ha-Kevuẓot ve-ha-Kibbutzim. Or ha-Ner was founded initially as an administered farm of the "Yiẓẓur u-Fittu'aḥ" company belonging to Iḥud ha-Kevuẓot ve-ha-Kibbutzim, in 1955. It was taken over in 1957 by the kibbutz which had previously settled in Givot Zaid near *Kiryat Tivon. Pioneers from Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Uruguay made up the majority of the 284 inhabitants in 1970. In 2002 the population was 394. Or ha-Ner engaged in intensive farming with citrus groves, poultry, cattle, and field crops in partnership with nearby Kibbutz Ereẓ. It manufactured metal, aluminum, and steel products for the auto industry and ran a catering service specializing in South American food. The name, "Light of the Candle," referring to nearby Beror Ḥayil, is taken from Sanhedrin 32b (see *Beror Ḥayil).