The Virtual Jewish History Tour
The presence of Jews in Turin was recorded by Bishop Maximus in the fourth century, but thereafter no evidence of Jews exists until 1424 when the French Banker, Elias Alamanni, moved there with his family. The Jewish population grew as follows:
During the Holocaust, 875 Jews were deported by the Nazis from Turin. At the end of the war, there were almost 3,000 Jews remaining. As of 1970, the Jewish population was about 2,000.
The postcard below shows Tempio Israelitico was designed by Enrico Petiti and built in 1880-84. The synagogue was destroyed during World War II, but was rebuilt after the war.
Source: Judaica Philatelic Resources