MIẒPAH (Heb. מִצְפָּה; "lookout point"), moshavah in northern Israel, W. of Tiberias, founded in 1908 by Second *Aliyah pioneers from Russia, on *Jewish Colonization Association (ICA) land. For many years the small village, based on mixed farming, preserved its original layout of closely grouped farmsteads
[Efram Orni /
Shaked Gilboa (2nd ed.)]
Source: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.