KEFAR WARBURG (Heb. כְּפַר וַרְבּוּרְג), moshav in the southern Coastal Plain of Israel, near Be'er Toviyyah, affiliated to Tenu'at ha-Moshavim. It was founded in 1939 by a group of experienced agricultural laborers, joined by immigrants from different countries. They had previously settled at *Kefar Menaḥem and defended it in the 1936–39 Arab riots, but moved to the present site which appeared better suited to the moshav type of settlement. Its farming is highly intensive. In 1968 Kefar Warburg had 500 inhabitants, rising to 745 in 2002. The moshav is named after Felix *Warburg.
Source: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.