HECHAL SHLOMO, the former official seat of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel in Jerusalem, opened in 1958, Hechal Shlomo was built largely through the munificence of Sir Isaac *Wolfson, who named it in memory of his father.
Hechal Shlomo housed a number of institutions and organizations. The interior of its synagogue was brought from the synagogue of Padua, Italy. It also housed the Central Rabbinical
Source: Encyclopaedia Judaica. © 2008 The Gale Group. All Rights Reserved.