BET NEḤEMYAH (Heb. בֵּית נְחֶמְיָה), moshav northeast of Lydda. Bet-Neḥemyah is affiliated with Ha-oved ha-Ẓiyyoni moshavim association. It was founded in 1950 on the site of the former Beit (Bayt) Nabālā camp of the Arab Legion where a decisive battle was fought in the War of Independence in 1948. Bet Neḥemyah was initially a "work village" whose settlers, immigrants from Iran, were engaged in land reclamation. On its grounds is the site of the Second Temple village Nebellat. The village is named for Nehemiah. In 1970 Bet Neḥemyah numbered 227 inhabitants, expanding considerably to 632 in 2002.