BET ḤERUT (Heb. בֵּית חֵרוּת; "Home of Freedom"), moshav in central Israel, in the Ḥefer Plain, founded in 1933. The settlers, mostly from East and Central Europe, transformed their village in 1966 from a regular moshav into a moshav shittufi. Its economy was based on citrus plantations, garden crops, and milch cattle. In 1970 Bet Ḥerut numbered 290 inhabitants, more than doubling to 616 by 2002.