United Nations General Assembly Resolution 36/70
December 4, 1981
The General Assembly,
Recalling its resolutions 33/147 of 20 December 1978, 34/133 of 14 December 1979 and 35/111 of 5 December 1980,
Recalling also its resolutions 3236 (XXIX) and 3237 (XXIX) of 22 November 1974,
Noting Economic and Social Council decision 1981/171 of 22 July 1981 and recalling the relevant resolutions of the Council,
Taking note with satisfaction of the report of the Secretary-General on assistance to the Palestinian people,
Taking note also of the report of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme on its twenty-eighth session,
1. Notes with satisfaction the action taken by the Administrator and the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in response to the relevant resolutions of the General Assembly;
2. Urges the relevant agencies, organizations, organs and programmes of the United Nations system to take the necessary steps in consultation and co-operation with the Palestine Liberation Organization, the representative of the Palestinian people, for the full implementation of resolutions of the General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council on assistance to the Palestinian people;
3. Strongly urges all parties concerned to facilitate the full implementation of all the projects approved by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme at its twenty-sixth session;
4. Requests that the United Nations Development Programme undertake direct execution of the projects in the occupied Palestinian territories, including Jerusalem, in co-ordination with the relevant local Palestinian organizations and bodies;
5. Also requests that United Nations assistance to the Palestinian people in the Arab host countries should be rendered through the specialized agencies, programmes, organs and other bodies of the United Nations system in consultation with the parties concerned and in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council;
6. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its thirty-seventh session, through the Economic and Social Council, on the progress made in the implementation of the present resolution.
Source: The United Nations.