United Nations General Assembly Resolution 35/111
December 5, 1980
The General Assembly,
Recalling its resolutions 33/147 of 20 December 1978 and 34/133 of 14 December 1979,
Recalling also its resolutions 3236 (XXIX) and 3237 (XXIX) of 22 November 1974,
Recalling further Economic and Social Council resolutions 1978 (LIX) of 3 August 1977,
Taking note with satisfaction of the report of the Secretary-General on assistance to the Palestinian people,
Also taking note of the report of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme on its twenty-seventh session,
1. Notes with satisfaction the action taken by the Administrator and the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in response to General Assembly resolution 34/133;
2. Urges the relevant agencies, organizations, organs and programmes of the United Nations system to take the necessary steps for the full implementation of Economic and Social Council resolutions 2026 (LXI) and 2100 (LXIII);
3. Requests that assistance to the Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza should be rendered through United Nations agencies and organs in co-operation and consultation with the local Palestinian economic, social, educational and municipal organizations in these occupied territories;
4. Requests that assistance to the Palestinian people in the Arab host countries should be rendered through United Nations agencies, in consultation with the parties concerned and in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the Economic and Social Council;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly at its thirty-sixth session, through the Economic and Social Council, on the progress made in the implementation of the present resolution.
Source: The United Nations.