Anna Ticho House Museum
Dr. Ticho and Anna were both born in the late 1800s in Moravia. Avraham Ticho studied medicine in Austria-Hungary and, in 1912, he was asked by the Lema'an Tzion organization to open an ophthalmologic clinic in Jerusalem. Dr. Ticho quickly became a famous ophthalmologic surgeon.
Anna followed her future husband to Jerusalem where she and Dr. Ticho were soon married. She had been trained as an artist since childhood, but found herself uninspired by the dry Israeli landscape.
Anna Ticho worked as an assistant to her husband until Dr. Ticho's death in 1960. She finally began to draw and paint again, and found Israel to be anything but uninspiring. The foothills and historical sites of Jerusalem became the focus of Anna's artwork.
Anna Ticho died in 1980, leaving her famous house to the city of Jerusalem as a cultural and artistic center. The museum itself displays Anna Ticho's incredible drawings of Israel and Dr. Ticho's ophthalmology office. Also exhibited is Dr. Ticho's collection of menorahs from around the world.
The Ticho property also houses a terrace café and gift shop. The house also holds poetry and fiction readings as well as concert and theatre performances.
The Anna Ticho House Museum is located at Harav Kook Street 9, Jerusalem
Source: Frommer's Israel, 1998