Israel's Security Doctrine
· Israel cannot afford to lose a single
· Defensive on the strategic level,
no territorial ambitions.
· Desire to avoid war by political
means and a credible deterrent posture.
· Preventing escalation.
· Determine the outcome of war quickly
· Combating terrorism.
THE OPERATIONAL LEVEL
Defensive Strategy - Offensive Tactics
· Prepare for Defense
· A small standing army with an early
warning capability, regular air force and navy.
· An efficient reserve mobilization
and transportation system.
· Move to CounterAttack
· Multiarm coordination.
· Transferring the battle to enemy's
· Quick attainment of war objectives.
· High capability to destroy mobile
· Longrange capabilities.
· Antimissile defense.
· Allweather and lowvisibility
· Advanced training systems.
Main Areas of Activity
· Continuous high state of readiness
· Antiterrorist warfare.
· Combating terrorism by Palestinian
· Building the armed forces for the