Report Implementation of Israeli Policy Towards the Gaza Strip
On June 20, 2010, the Government of Israel decided to expand the civil policy toward the Gaza Strip. In the year since the Cabinet's decision, Israel has acted to expand and implement its civil policy in order to strengthen the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip through the following means:
Land Crossing Activity
- The land crossing activity was expanded with an investment of over NIS 50 million.
- The capacity of Kerem Shalom Crossing increased by 233%.
- The gradual export of agricultural products abroad was approved.
- There was a 66% increase in the number of truckloads coordinated by the private sector.
International Community Activity
- 163 projects approved by the PA and founded by the international community were approved in the Gaza Strip.
- Support for the international community activity in Gaza continued.
- A special operation was carried out to transfer aggregates from Safa area for projects in Gaza.
- 622 diplomatic delegations visited the Gaza Strip in the last year.
Coordination with the Palestinian Authority
- Joint teams were established by the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories and the Palestinian Authority in order to coordinate the broadening of the civil policy.
- A joint team of Israel and the PA and international community representatives was established for the purpose of promoting solutions to the water problem in Gaza based on desalination.
- 419 meetings were held between Palestinian officials and representatives from Erez CLA in order to support the needs of the population.
- The humanitarian policy toward Gaza residents continued despite the continuation of rocket and mortar fire toward Israel's civilian population.
- 15,523 patients and accompanying individuals exited the Gaza Strip for medical care in Israel and the West Bank in the past year.
- There was a 10% decrease in the number of truckloads carrying medicine and medical equipment that were transferred into Gaza.
Sources: Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories