Agreement on Preparatory Transfer of Powers and
Protocol Concerning Preparatory Transfer of
Powers and Responsibilities in the Sphere of
The powers and responsibilities of the military government and its
Civil Administration in the sphere of social welfare will be transferred to
and will be assumed by the Palestinian Authority.
The sphere of social welfare shall include all matters dealt with in the
laws, regulations and military orders listed in Appendix A, as well as
responsibility over governmental and non-governmental organizations and
institutions, including charitable societies and institutions and voluntary
and non-profit organizations.
The Palestinian Authority will supervise registered foreign
organizations of the type mentioned in paragraph 2 above, that currently
operate in the West Bank and will register others only if their goals are
not inconsistent with the peace process.
The transfer of powers and responsibilities to the Palestinian Authority
shall not affect the continued authority of the military government and its
Civil Administration to exercise their powers and responsibilities for
security and public order as well as for other spheres not transferred,
including, inter alia, the establishment of a vice squad.
The Palestinian Authority may exercise the Regulation on Welfare
Insurance for Civil Servants (No. 6 of 1966) with regard to its
Israel and the Palestinian Authority will determine arrangements for the
The serving of sentences in the West Bank passed by courts in
Israel concerning juvenile offenders, residents of the West Bank.
The transfer of information necessary for the preparation of briefs by
probation officers in connection with juvenile offenses.
Arrangements will be made to protect confidentiality and individual privacy
in the exchange of information between Israel and the Palestinian Authority
in the sphere of social welfare.
The respective social welfare systems of Israel and the Palestinian
Authority will maintain a positive working relationship in all aspects,
including general and professional training, and the exchange of
Laws, Regulations and Military Orders in the Sphere of Social
- Bureau of Social Affairs Law, No. 14, 1956
- Social Assistance Regulations, No. 14, 1959
- Regulations regarding Assistance to Youth, No. 48, 1959
- Amended Law regarding Assistance to Youth, No. 16, 1954
- Regulations regarding the Collection of Charitable Donations, No. 1,
- Regulations regarding the Collection of Charitable Donations, No. 103,
- Regulations regarding Assistance to University Students, No. 5, 1960,
except for Articles 5 and 6
- Regulations regarding Assistance and Rehabilitation, No. 42, 1963
- Law regarding Charitable Societies and Social Welfare Institutions, No.
- Jordanian Regulations regarding Social Services Institutions, No. 128,
- Regulations regarding Foster Families, No. 70, 1963