- measuring cup
- large frying pan
- plastic wrap
- meat mallet or pot cover
- 2 Plates
- 1 Bowl
- 3 - 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of dried bread crumbs or matzo meal
- garlic powder to taste
- onion powder to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- Mix egg with water in bowl.
- On a seperate plate mix together flour with pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Place bread crumbs on the other plate.
- Remove any visible fat from chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breast between 2 layers of plastic wrap.
- Hammer chicken breast with mallet or cover from pot on both sides to make it thinner.
- Heat frying pan on medium high until heated.
- Add 1 tbs. vegetable oil to pan.
Coating and Frying Procedure
- Lightly coat chicken breast in flour on both sides.
- Tap to shake off extra flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Then in egg crumbs completely coat both sides, patting lightly so that bread crumbs will stick to the chicken
- Place in frying pan.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side until brown.
NOTE: To keep warm place in oven at 200 - 250 degrees. Can also be frozen with aluminum foil between layers of schnitzel and reheated at a pre-heated 400 degree oven for several minutes.
Can be served with extra wide egg noodles, carrots, and string beans.
Makes 3 - 4 servings.
Source: Feed Me Bubbe