- 8 inch frying pan
- clean dish towel
- 2 mixing bowls
- Wax paper (preferred) or aluminum foil or small pastry brush.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 lb. cream cheese
- 1/2 lb. farmer cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbs. margarine or vegetable oil
- Sift the flour.
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl.
- Add flour to eggs alternately with water, stirring until a smooth very thin batter is formed.
- Put the frying pan on medium heat, and heat until hot enough for the batter to adhere to the pan but not hot enough to make batter bubble.
- Grease pan slightly on bottom and side with small piece of wax paper which has been dipped in margarine.
- Remove frying pan from heat and pour 3 tbs. of batter into frying pan.
- Tip pan in all directions so that batter forms a thin layer on the bottom.
- Cook on one side only until pancake gets slightly dry around the pan and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Flip the frying pan over to shake the pancake onto a clean towel, hitting pan against table top to loosen.
- Let cool.
- The pancake should be paper thin.
- To make filling, mash cheeses with fork.
- Add eggs, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Place rounded tbs. of filling in center of each pancake.
- Fold sides to center covering filling and forming squares.
- Frying pan should be on medium high heat.
- When heated, add 2 tbs. margarine or vegetable oil.
- When hot, place blintzes fold-side down, and fry until golden-brown on each side.
- It may be necessary to add more oil or margarine as you keep frying other blintzes.
NOTE: Serve hot with sour cream sugar and cinnamon or pineapple or cherry preserves.
Source: Feed Me Bubbe